1 View

Nature photography which does not allow you to control most of these parameters, too needs to be confirming to this rule. It is a gregarious bird which feeds mainly on seeds, moving through the undergrowth in groups. It’s a photographer’s delight and aptly considered strikingly pretty. However, they were following a female Red Avadavat to wherever she was going. I posted in a forum and one member, brushed it aside as rubbish. I am using Munia birds, alone, meeting, mating, setting up their home. The Scaly-breasted Munia is 11–12 cm long. ( Log Out /  Here GPS Location in Google Map: 12. The first bird that we encountered on the way was a Paddyfield Pipit. The name comes from the city of Ahmedabad in Gujarat from where these birds were once exported into the pet trade. That Sunday, when the rain had stopped briefly I saw a large group of Munias gregariously venturing out savoring the newly sprouted grass seeds. I am researching the feather variations within both of these species throughout their range worldwide. Birds spotted / photographed: Paddyfield Pipit, Zitting Cisticola, Plain Prinia, Common Kingfisher, Scaly Breasted Munia,Tricoloured Munia, Red Avadavat, Black Drongo, Asian Openbill, Cormorants (too far away to identify species), Long Tailed Shrike, Shikra (12), Butterflies spotted / photographed: female Common Mormon (stichius), Grey Pansy, Peacock Pansy (3). ??????? It is a common and widespread bird across its large range, and is thus not considered a threatened species by the IUCN. ??????? The tricoloured munia is a very beautiful finch which feeds mainly on seeds and is found in wet grassland habitats. ( Log Out /  It walks around upright on its long thin legs just like in the following picture. Change ), This is where you read about the latest places where I have traveled, with my two cents on the Flora and Fauna, a little bit of photography. your own Pins on Pinterest ?????? Outside their native range, escaped birds frequently establish themselves in areas with suitable climate. DR.Krishi… good effort,excellent result.HATS off to your patience and dedication…, the investment in the 300mm F 2.8 has been worth it. As we waited near the edge of the grassland, I saw my first Red Avadavat, a moulting male, slowly transforming from grey to a fantastic red. It is native to tropical continental Asia and some adjacent islands, and has been naturalized in spome parts of Japan. We also spotted a Common Kingfisher and I spent a little while trying to take photographs of a female Common Mormon butterfly. I had the opportunity of visiting Rajarhat for birding in October, 2015. Tricoloured Munia (also known as Black headed Munia) Posted by कडुवासच at Photographing any subject we need to per-visualize the final result. Please contact me to purchase prints or for image publication license. The nest is a large domed grass structure in a tree, bush or grass into which 3-8 white eggs are laid. We waited for a while and it was worth it. Last but not the least, there was a Shikra, which is a small bird of prey, in the vicinity. Dear Tus van Genderen,, ?????????? The underparts are white with black scale markings. The Paddyfield Pipit is a passerine bird and is found in open grasslands. ????????????????? EXIF info – Aperture : ƒ/4 | Camera : Canon EOS-1D Mark IV | Taken : 26 June, 2011 | Focal length : 420mm | ISO : 800 | Location : 12° 55′ 20.028″ N 74° 51′ 55.2096″ E | Shutter speed : 1/320s | Images and content Copyright © Krishna Mohan. The calls include a short whistle, variations on kitty-kitty-kitty and a sharp chipping alarm note. I had seen Red Avadavats for the first time ever in my life and I was lucky with the camera too. It was great to see the birds in their natural habitat. The trick is to wait at any point on the path bordering the grassland and wait for the birds to come. The White-rumped Munia or White-rumped Mannikin (Lonchura striata), sometimes called Striated Finch in aviculture, is a small passerine bird from the family of waxbill “finches” (Estrildidae). Could you please tell me the location these photos were taken? In Oahu, Hawaii, they compete for habitats with Lonchura malacca and tend to be rare where the latter is present. The group consisted of both Scaly-breasted Munia (Lonchura punctulata) & White-rumped Munia (Lonchura striata) in them. In fact, it may locally become a nuisance pest of millets and similar grains. Fantastic photos! The energy level of these birds are tremendous and they were never stationary. Even though they were two different species there was no difference in their pecking order nor there was any compitetive fight among them. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. ?” ??????? The sexes are similar, although males have darker markings on the underside and a darker throat. ??????????? We also saw a group of four dull grey Munias hanging around together. The female, however, is not very colourful and is yellowish white with a grey spotted back. The soliciting bird usually showing its chin. ??????????? ???? But the most sought-after has to be the male Red Munia. Till that happens, they will have a home in Rajarhat and nature lovers will have an opportunity to visit and experience the realm of the Red Avadavat. After a couple of hours we were heading back and on the way we found a beautiful Peacock Pansy Butterfly in wonderful colour and I took some wonderful macro shots – of two dragonflies and a Signature Spider which was having a butterfly for breakfast. They were grazing in the midst of clumps of grass. It has been introduced into many other parts of the world and has established in Puerto Rico and Hispaniola as well as parts of Australia and the United States of America. They sometimes form large flocks of as many as 100 birds. What to find in the monsoon season at Bhandup Pumping Station? May 7, 2019 - The chestnut munia, formerly considered as a subspecies of the tricoloured munia, is also known as black-headed munia.It is a small passerine bird. Chestnut, White-rumped, Black-headed and the Indian Silverbill. I could approach them quite close and they were not shy of me. A beautiful Tricoloured or Black-headed Munia . Regards The tail may be flicked laterally and sometimes vertically and will sometimes flick their wings as well. As they were jumping around from bush to bush searching for the tender grass seeds, it was difficult to focus on individual birds. Discover (and save!) The Vanishing Realm of the Red Avadavats of Rajarhat. Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com. The patches of marshes and grassland which now persist is home to our protagonist, the Red Avadavat, also called the Strawberry Finch. I started photography , very recently, and far from being technical, an amatuer with a story, and most comfortable with a point snd shoot style of photography. The sun was against us this time and the photograph did not come out very well. I am doing a story for my grandson” A Love Story- Through the lace covered window”. Sumit Majumdar. I used my Canon EOS 1D Mark IV with Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM fitted with Canon EF 1.4x III Extender to capture them. ????? I hope you liked the post. There were some birds still to be seen. Immature birds have pale brown upperparts, lack the darker head and with uniform buff underparts can be confused with immatures of other munias such as the Tricoloured Munia. The nearest bus stop is called Pechar More ( Owl’s crossing), probably because of two giant conspicuous cement Owls standing guard at the crossing. Jun 3, 2019 - This Pin was discovered by Lumahai. nice pics of munias.. well i bought munias without knowing their name, thank you for giving this impormation, i got 1 white rumped munia , 2 cclae breasted munia and a chesnut munia.. Joe, I don’t recommend keeping them (matter of fact any birds) as pets. Oct 22, 2016 - This Pin was discovered by sahi kp. Immature birds have pale brown upperparts, lack the darker head and with uniform buff underparts can be confused with immatures of other munias such as the Tricoloured Munia. In India, they are especially common in paddy fields where they are considered a minor pest on account of their grain feeding. ????? Its domesticated hybrid descendant, the Society Finch or Bengalese Finch, is found worldwide as a pet and a biological model organism. The underparts are white with black scale markings. ( Log Out /  It has been suggested that they obtain protein from their diet of algae often in the species Spirogyra, which grows in paddy fields. The red lines indicate the path one would have to take around the grassland after having reached Pechar More. We initially thought they were Indian Silverbill finches. The breeding season is during the rainy season (mainly June to August in India) but can breed at other times. There was a tree about two hundred metres away from us, on which several Openbill Storks had perched. Tricoloured munia - Surajpur police lines Greater Noida India. It was no inter-species bonhomie.

The Ultramind Solution Review, Use Importance In A Sentence, Henderson Funeral Home Coleman, Texas, Tel Aviv Theme Park, Best Ceramic Cookware 2019, Plantin Font Combinations, Define Column In Computer, Kitchen Color Trends 2020,