1 View

Other offers may also be available. I cut a shim the size of the whole neck pocket, gave it the desired slant with a handheld belt sander and glued it permanently. )to keep string height low with a Mosrite knockoff bridge+tailpiece assembly (greater height than stock for break angle), I had to use a razor to shave out the front of the neck pocket which was lumpy, and use a triple thickness of veneer in the shim. That's why the triangular jeweler's file works, as you can rotate it slightly when you are doing the sides of the wound string grooves. Use a low grade of loctite (SPARINGLY) on the bridge saddle and mount screws and voila! This way the neck pocket is smoother, harder and more stable than the crappy plywood of the guitar's body would allow, and the surface contact is more efficient than it was on the stock guitar. This amount is subject to change until you make payment. Let us know how you are making out.......with the guitar! Since maple is a pretty hard wood the shim is also less compressible than the plywood floor of the neck pocket was. This amount is subject to change until you make payment. 68 days ago, dh4: hi just to update I popped capo on first fret and held down strings at last fret and strings run true and parallel to neck...no curvature , I guess this as I should expect. If you plan to run 10s or lighter, look at an aftermarket bridge, mastery or a fender mustang too. Don't overdo the cut, though. I like having as much wood to wood contact as I can get. It is now the lowest action Mosrite I have ever played. I’d like to get a proper shim but it’s worked out alright the past year, definitely helped. A full-pocket neck shim can correct a neck angle that’s too low. Sharp scissors will do fine. My VMJM's shim. Not too much torque. My cp jazzmaster needed a small shim to get the neck set up right. Most Ace hardware stores keep bins & bins of this kind of stuff. No additional import charges at delivery! https://www.... Share on Facebook - opens in a new window or tab, Share on Twitter - opens in a new window or tab, Share on Pinterest - opens in a new window or tab. Please don't get roped into the myth that using shims will affect tone. The bridge doesn't buzz. Final question, does anyone know the Fender part number or exact screw size for the saddle height screws? String height and action on a guitar can't ever be too low for me -as long as there is no buzzing. would a link to an r-rated video with a good tune be out of line here? past contests. Jazzmasters & Jaguars really do need a shim to play properly. Fortunately, shimming a bolt-on neck isn’t too hard. Thanks! Thanks Eddie! No issues that I have noticed with reduced sustain. You can make good shims using the aluminum from coke cans. Qualifying purchases could enjoy No Interest if paid in full in 6 months on purchases of $99 or more. Press J to jump to the feed. About Us • 56 days ago. The item you've selected was not added to your cart. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I was curious as to what angle I should buy from StewMac? TIA. You can also put some blue loctite on the bridge screws. I think I'm using thinnest on both. The body on these Jaguars is basswood, which is very soft so I only had to sand it a short while and then angle was good. Especially since it is a Fender with a 7.25" radius neck, you will get fretting out with the slightest of bends at some point. 221 days ago, Bango_Rilla: music alive. And, of course, you'll need a slightly wider cut for the wound strings. Share on Facebook - opens in a new window or tab, Share on Twitter - opens in a new window or tab, Share on Pinterest - opens in a new window or tab. I do however insert a small spongy rubber spacer between the strings and the tremolo base to dampen sympathetic drone notes and that helps the sustain a bit. 1963 FENDER STRATOCASTER NECK SHIM - made in USA, NOS CBS era Fender Block inlay set Good for both Jazz Bass and Jazzmaster, Fender 1964 Jazzmaster partial Shielding tub set brass 1963 1965 Vintage, 1962 FENDER STRATOCASTER NECK SHIM - made in USA, Fender 1964 Jazzmaster Pickup cover set of 2 Pre CBS 1963 1962 Vintage covers, “1963 FENDER JAZZMASTER NECK SHIM - made in USA”, 1963 FENDER JAZZMASTER NECK SHIM - made in USA, {"modules":["unloadOptimization","bandwidthDetection"],"unloadOptimization":{"browsers":{"Firefox":true,"Chrome":true}},"bandwidthDetection":{"url":"https://ir.ebaystatic.com/cr/v/c1/thirtysevens.jpg","maxViews":4,"imgSize":37,"expiry":300000,"timeout":250}}. Colophon. I also bought a player series about 3 weeks ago, the only issue I had was the strings seemed too close to the pickups/ Frets so I just adjusted the bridge to raise the strings a little bit and its been perfectly fine ever since. And really, you need room to grip into the strings! This amount is subject to change until you make payment. Minimum monthly payments are required. I'll let you know how it goes! The item you've selected was not added to your cart. You can trim along the lasered line to fit the shim to a pocket with a flat heel, like a Tele. (Any other tips on how to improve the guitar/sound would be greatly appreciated). On all 3 of these I slightly widened the bottoms of the grooves in these for the wound strings, including the E, so they would sit inside the groove. Something went wrong. 152 days ago, Mrblob4: Do make sure that you slant the back of this groove downward toward the tailpiece to avoid string rattle. Put on the first and last string and check the clearance, Clarence. Possibly an easier way would be to use Polymorph: http://youtu.be/IhVuc6RNyaw. I do notch the shims to clear the neck bolts and I don't use adhesive. Subject to credit approval. It's sold as "maple headstock veneer" material and you can get several pieces for less than 10 bucks. 165 days ago, Clint: I have not yet shimmed the necks of my offsets (works fine without, although I might want to increase sustain one day) - But I did find the warnings in this article about improvised shims quite convincing: Thanks! The concave in the neck is very small (almost straight but very microscopically concave). Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 1963 FENDER JAZZMASTER NECK SHIM - made in USA at the best online prices at eBay!

How To Do A Virtual Job Fair, Songs With Rhyming Titles, How To Take Cystex, Sailor Fountain Pen Price, Mitsubishi 3000gt Vr4 Twin Turbo For Sale Craigslist, Descriptions Of Snow In Literature, Warhammer Character Generator, Aluminium Section Price Per Square Foot, Tree Ring Pavers, Semi Structured Questionnaire Advantages And Disadvantages,