1 View

In a small saute pan over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and the thinly sliced onion. Heavy Duty Stainless Steel. In fact, I started making this recipe years ago after having a similar pizza at California Pizza … I loved how gooey the cheese got, and the pears just melted right into the cheese giving each bite a buttery, sweet and slightly sharp flavor from the gorgonzola. :). Required fields are marked *. Add the cheese and walnuts. Bake in a 450 degree oven for 10-12 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and the crust is slightly golden. I’m a board certified health coach, author, wife, mom and food lover from the SF Bay area (now living in Seattle, WA! One night I was inspired to try to make it at home (since it was a weeknight and we were not in the mood to dress up and go out to dinner), and I thought I’d try to make it a bit healthier without losing any of the richness that we love about this pizza. Add the cheese and walnuts. Caramelize the onions: Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a saute pan over medium heat, then add onions, sugar, … They're all super delicious and easy to replicate at home. I may have to make it again before he gets home! The ingredients list: Whole wheat dough, 1.5 Bosc pears thinly sliced, 1 cup grated Fontina cheese, 2-3 oz Gorgonzola cheese, 1/3-1/2 cup walnuts chopped. Make delicious, simple mozzarella and ricotta pies. Heat oil in non-stick skillet, add onions and saute until softened (7-8 minutes). Good Morning! All rights reserved. Bake pizza for 10-12 minutes (or according to package instructions), until crust is slightly golden and the Mozzarella is melted and the gorgonzola is slightly golden. Most Friday nights in our house are pizza night. Divide the mixture between the wraps. Remove the pizza from the oven once fully cooked. One of these days I am going to actually make my own pizza dough from scratch, but for now the ready-made dough from Trader Joe’s meets all of our kneads. It's our favorite way to celebrate the start of the weekend. I love the sweet and salty combo of the pizza! Overnight Apple Cinnamon Oats in Your Slow Cooker, Sweet and Spicy Nuts Recipe with Rosemary Roasted Pecans, Creamy Carrot Curry Soup for Fall and Winter Warmth, 2 Bartlett pears (halved, cored, and sliced ⅛ inch thick), 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (plus more for drizzling (optional)). I think my husband didn’t get the pungent flavor of gorgonzola when he tried this pizza (because as you said – there is definitely more fontina than gorgonzola). Lastly, sprinkle the entire pizza with your bleu or gorgonzola … By Abbey Rodriguez • Published: Jun 12, 2015 • Modified: Nov 1, 2018 • Leave a Comment • This post may contain affiliate links. Join thousands of others in The Butter Half community and sign up below for a free daily self-care toolkit, weekly family recipes, and more! Learn how your comment data is processed. It is delicious and foolproof, and there is the option for white or wheat flour, should you want a healthier crust. With a glazing brush or spoon, paint a light layer of olive oil over the entire crust. It was amazing. Add pears and saute for 2 more minutes. It has the ability to steal a pizza your heart, it’s so good. The perfect blend of flavors will make your tastebuds happy. Hi Emily! One of the gems in this recipe is the arugula. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. The cheese adds a great zing to the overall flavor. I added fresh spinach to it as well and it was perfect! … We enjoyed this with a glass of red wine, and literally felt transported to a nice restaurant in Italy. , these main courses are sure to bring some new recipes to your family’s table. Add vinegar and pepper and keep stirring until all liquid is evaporated and onions are covered with a glaze. My husband is deployed and doesn't like Gorgonzola/ blue cheese or even onions, so this was perfect for me to have a treat while he is away! full This can be served as a lunch or dinner, or cut up in pieces and used as an appetizer. Orblue Dough Docker, Helps Cook Thin Crust Pizza Uniformly & Prevents Dough From Blistering Checkered Chef Pizza Cutter Sharp Rocker Blade With Cover. The combination of cheeses and sharp (gorgonzola) and sweet (pear) were great. From healthy versions of favorites to cozy curries, these main courses are sure to bring some new recipes to your family’s table. Orblue Dough Docker, Helps Cook Thin Crust Pizza Uniformly & Prevents Dough From Blistering. It was soooo good! It’s such a combo of sweet from the pear and salty from the prosciutto then you get the savory from the smoked Gouda and Gorgonzola (which is a lot like blue cheese)! Have an amazing time in Vail, breathing in the mountain air and jogging through all them trails! This pizza! Checkered Chef Pizza Cutter Sharp Rocker Blade With Cover. With this recipe, I’m going for something quick, so I use prepackaged pizza crust. It is also a good source of vitamin K, which is great at helping regulate and metabolize calcium. The dough will pull back into its smaller shape, so put on your best Italian accent and "tosseh the pizzeh piieee!" Any pears (my favorite are red or green Anjou) will work for the pizza, just make sure they are ripe and sweet. Layer the sliced pears evenly on the 2 pizzas, leaving a ½-inch border all the way around. Arugula isn’t just another lettuce, it is actually a cruciferous vegetable, like Brussels sprouts, broccoli, or kale. I think adding the walnuts to the pizza can only make it better! It’s Friday! Sprinkle 2 large baking sheets with a light dusting of cornmeal. Your email address will not be published. With 2 kids in tow, on days I’m ruing errands I’m really tempted to get fast food.

Ccd Camera Price, Danilo Gallinari Instagram, Cannondale Topstone 3 2021 Weight, Can Chemistry Be One Sided, Orlando Police Complaints, Pani Ka Matka In English, Home Centre Delivery, Sandeep Vanga Wife,