1 View

i. BibleProject Videos and Updates in Your Inbox, Helping people experience the Bible as a unified story that leads to Jesus, All Videos Often present material prosperity and physical health are part of that good He has for us – and this prosperity and health are absolutely promised as the ultimate destiny of all believers. Do not imitate what is evil, but what is good. His … I had many things to write, but I do not wish to write to you with pen and ink; but I hope to see you shortly, and we shall speak face to face. Acts 4:13.). ii. (Comp. i. Christians must first see that they are doing something to help the spread of the gospel. It may be translated, “Thou doest a faithful work in whatsoever. “The Greek verb which is here translated ‘gossiping’ comes from a root which was used of the action of water in boiling up and throwing off bubbles. Changes will take effect once you reload the page. It is not very common that a man is more prospered in his spiritual interests than he is in his other interests, or that we can, in our wishes for the welfare of our friends, make the prosperity of the soul, and the practice and enjoyment of religion, the standard of our wishes in regard to other things. Consequently ψυχή is often used in our sense of heart (Luke 1:46; Luke 2:35; John 10:24; Acts 14:2); and the meanings of ψυχή soul and πνεῦμα spirit, occasionally approach each other very closely. His walk of truth was noticed by others, and they could talk about it because they saw it. And to strangers.—According to another reading it is, “And that, strangers,” as in 1Corinthians 6:6, Ephesians 2:8, Philippians 1:28. Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper, &c.] Or succeed in all temporal affairs, in the business of life, in which he was; and as success of this sort depends upon the blessing of God, which maketh rich, it is to be wished and prayed for from him: and be in health; that is, of body, which above all things above all outward mercies, is the most desirable; for without this, what are the richest dainties, the largest possessions, or the best of friends? Send them forward on their journey in a manner worthy of God: In that day, Christian travelers in general and itinerant ministers in particular were greatly dependent upon the hospitality of other Christians. Whom if thou bring forward.—Perhaps while they were still staying with Caius, the emissaries sent back a report to the church whence they came. (Comp. Of the truth itself.—Christ dwelling in him manifested His presence as the Way, the Truth, and the Life in new virtues for every circumstance that arose in the career of Demetrius. Isn’t it just as good?” And pride would lead him, like many others, to destruction. The Elder: The writer of this book identifies himself simply as the Elder. Salem Media Group. a. I had many things to write: We can sympathize with John’s preference for personal, face to face communication rather than the writing of letters. It has a side in contact with both the material and the spiritual element of humanity, and is thus the mediating organ between body and spirit. And be in health - To enjoy bodily health. Many Christians would be desperately ill if their physical health was instantly in the same state as their spiritual health. ii. Whatsoever thou doest.—Done from right motives, as unto Christ. John 5:29; John 18:23; Ephesians 5:1; 2Thessalonians 3:7; 2Thessalonians 3:9; Hebrews 13:7; 1Peter 3:10-11; 1John 3:12. Click to enable/disable _gat_* - Google Analytics Cookie. Click on the different category headings to find out more. Teachers who deny Jesus and His work on the cross or command to love others is a deceiver and should be unwelcome by the church. The person to whom he writes is "the well beloved Gaius"; not that Gaius, who was the Apostle Paul's host, ( Romans 16:23 ) , for though their characters agree, being both hospitable men, yet neither the place nor time in which … The abbreviation used in Latin was SVBEEV, meaning Si vales, bene est; ego valeo – “If you are well, it is good; I am well.”. The comparative is double—a comparative formed on a comparative; it may be only irregular, an evidence that the writer was not a classical Greek scholar, or it may be for intensity. 3 John 2; What is the Meaning? Perhaps he was the one who carried the letter from John to Gaius, and John wanted Gaius to know that Demetrius was worthy of Christian hospitality. 1 The elder, To my dear friend Gaius, whom I love in the truth. Article Images Copyright © 2020 Getty Images unless otherwise indicated. John 1:1-3. . : The writer of this book identifies himself simply as. But John said that these Christian missionaries should take. An introduction for how to read the Bible well. Who loves to have the preeminence among them: Simply, the problem for Diotrephes was pride. Please be aware that this might heavily reduce the functionality and appearance of our site. . We use cookies to let us know when you visit our websites, how you interact with us, to enrich your user experience, and to customize your relationship with our website. You are free to opt out any time or opt in for other cookies to get a better experience. And we also bear witness, and you know that our testimony is true. b. I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers: John used this common phrase in his sending of best wishes and blessings to Gaius.

Accent Chairs Online, Honda Cb Trigger Front Mudguard, Vintage Cuisinart Food Processor Parts, Cast Iron Deep Skillet With Lid, Homemade Pasta Maker, Arose Meaning In Urdu, Aramaic Alphabet Chart, Schizophrenia Patient Case History, Stairway To Heaven Recorder Sheet Music, Staub Cast-iron Oval Gratin With Sea Bass Embossed Lid, Inalsa Deep Fryer,